Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hunky, young trainer says...

I went to the gym last night and met with hunky, young trainer and he said I'm not in as bad a shape as I thought and that once I lose the layer of fat over my muscles (at that point I thought to myself "what muscles") I'll be in great shape! My next thought was "doesn't that describe 99% of the population?" Anyway, he worked me out emphasizing my abs so breathing is a little tough today. So is laughing and talking and moving in general. But it's a good pain.... sure.

OH! As we got started, he was asking me my reasons for wanting to work out with a trainer and all that. Then he asked if I joined the gym with anyone. I said just me. He asked if my Husband knew I had a trainer. I must have looked puzzled as I said I wasn't married because he went on to explain that he has women that sign up without their husbands' knowledge and the husband then comes after him or whomever the male trainer is. Um, yikes! He said it had happened more than once to several of the trainers. How funny/sad is that!?

Unfortunately hunky, young trainer won't be my permanant trainer. I'm pretty bummed. Anywho, I made a standing apointment with a trainer for Tuesdays with my new trainer Toni. That is short for Antonia and she is a tri-athlete. I'm not sure how I feel about a female trainer, but I'm going to give it a try.

In more wedding-y wedding news. It looks as if P has found a dress or at least a dress style that she likes. If she sticks with that style, the bridesmaid dresses are going to have to be pretty formal. Then again, it is a Friday night wedding, so after six attire is appropriate. I think I've decided I want a long dress as opposed to the ones that come to the knee. The ones that come to the knee are cute and all, but I think I don't want to go for cute as much as stop the room gorgeous. I know, I know. Everyone is supposed to be looking at the bride because it's her day and all, but she's getting married, ergo, she is off the market. I am not getting married, am not married and would like to someday be married. Ergo, I want to look (as Paris Hilton so aptly puts it) HOT! Besides, I'll be the shortest one at the alter, so everyone will be looking at me anyway because I'll stand out. The Hobbit bridesmaid. That will be me! But, with the help of the trainer, I'll be the HOT Hobbit bridesmaid!

The e-mails of proposed bridesmaid dresses and colors and styles are flying. I think I'm going to end up wearing a different color dress than the other two bridesmaids. I hope it's a darker shade of whatever they wear. I look better in darker colors. She also suggested a green color. That would be great. There are very few shades of green that I don't look good in. Again, I know, I know. It isn't about me. But in this blog, i
t is all me!!!

3 comments:

Rhonda Curtis Waller said...

You're funny. I like your writing style.

Carrie said...

I liked working with the female trainer for the whole two months we worked with her. She wasn't as tough as the guy we have now but she was good.

sara said...

I've always heard that weddings are a great place to meet people, especially if they're bigger weddings (mine was teeny and that's the way I liked it, but it's a personal preference.)
Good luck -- congrats on seeing a trainer!
Hope Toni turns out to be nice.