Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Life rolls on...

It seems that P has things well in hand as far as the wedding is concerned. I think she has just about everything done except the things that have to be done closer to the date. She even has her invites already. Showers are now being planned and as the MOH, I'll get to be involved in at least one of them. (I didn't think I would get to be because they are going to be held far away from me.) Well, two if you count the one I'm planning to throw her in lieu of a bachelorette party. I need to contact the two bridesmaids to see what they think and if they want to help plan it -- especially since they are at least in the same state as P!

In case anyone wonders, my toe is much better. It only hurts now if I forget it's injured and do something stupid like squat down and put a lot of weight on it. (Yes, I have done just that and promptly fell over and made the people standing around me panic.) I go back to see girl trainer tonight. I have got to get back into "food is bad if I am going to fit into a smaller bridesmaid dress" mode. (Don't anyone panic, I'm not going to stop eating. My hiney didn't get this big by my not eating and it won't get smaller if I stop completely. I know that.) Between my birthday and my toe, I've gotten out of that mode and into "food yummy food who needs exercise" mode. I know, I know excuses are weak. I have to make up my mind to do it and just do it. But... Okay, no buts. I have to do it. I am going to do it.

I have right at four months before the wedding and I need to really not look like the short, fat bridesmaid. I am, afterall, the only single one and while there will be other single gals attending the wedding, I am the only one in the purple (victorian lilac) bridesmaid dress. I am the only single girl that will be standing in front of the crowd for all to see. More eyes will be on P, but I'll be standing next to her and I get to hold her bouquet and give M's ring to her and all that stuff, so people will notice me. I mean, at least at both of my sisters' weddings, I was the last bridesmaid and just had to stand there far away from all the action, barely being noticed during the ceremony. (Not a bad thing.)

2 comments:

Baby Gator said...

What are you doing to lose weight? I need to lose weight too. I swear a few bad things happened like last week and the week before and I just turned to food, and I got on the scales today and OMG?!?!?! I swear someone snuck a buffalo on the scale behind me. It was terrible. So if you find something that works please let me know. I sure could use some advice here!

Carrie said...

You held Paul's ring. You keep forgetting but you held Paul's ring. Amy held my bouquet and you held Paul's ring. And you stood side-by-side on that step.

I guess I could have had you switch places midway through the ceremony. That could have been amusing--at the 5 minute mark, we could have done a Chinese fire drill of attendants.