Wednesday, March 22, 2006

And the wedding band played on...

Okay, this whole wedding thing is rolling right along. P has her dress (see previous post), a string trio has been selected to play the ceremony, the site has been chosen, the bridesmaid dress designer has been chosen, I've chosen the style of dress I want from the choices, I've been to try them on (last weekend with the broken toe and boot). So much has been done! I am debating putting the pics Moma took while I was trying on dresses here to show what they looked like. The only problem is that I looked awful that day. Maybe I will, but it will have to be a post all unto itself. Let's just put it this way. The name of the bridal shop was "Little Mexico House of Brides."

P called last night and she got a call from David's Bridal. She won a spa day for her and her wedding party. She said her first thought was "wow, I never win anything, cool!" and then immediately "I wish I had my maid of honor here." The MOH wishes she were there, too. She could use a spa day! Oh well. I guess I'll just have to have a spa day here. I don't know when, but I most decidedly need a pedicure! My toes are NOT spring ready.


I found the cutest thing at Barnes & Noble the other day. (P, If you're reading this now and haven't gotten the package yet, skip to the next paragraph.) It is a scrap book similar to a baby book for couples. All those things you say you're going to remember forever but don't, you can put them in the book. It has things like where your first kiss was, were you went on your first date, how you met, etc. I had to get it for her. I thought it was too cool to pass up. Besides, it was on clearance since the store is closing. (Those who think B&N is the root of all evil, don't get too excited. It is moving to a new, larger location.)

Okay, P you can read again. I'll keep thinking about posting the pictures of me in the tops.

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh! I want to see the pics!!

Carrie said...

OK, Victorian Lilac isn't as weirdly colored as I was thinking it would be. It does conjure up something not as pretty when you were describing it.

I think one of the a-line skirts in the length you were describing would look nice. I'd go the shorter length (between knee and calf) rather than the longer length (calf and ankle) that I think looks dowdy. And Dowdy equals unattractive. And bad. As I said repeatedly on the phone. Dowdy. Say it with me. Dowdy. Dowdy.

Huh. It's one of those words that starts to not sound like a word if you say it repeatedly. Dowdy.

Baby Gator said...

That is really cool! If you don't mind me asking will you send me an e-mail with a pic of it and the price, or maybe what the book was called so I can look it up online. That would be way cool for B and I!