Friday, March 10, 2006

If you're the groom, turn away now...

Wow, so much has happened. P has her dress. I met with girl trainer. I've talked to P about half a dozen times planning and plotting -- it never fails that when we get together, it sounds more like plotting to do things than planning!

I'll start with her dress. It is gorgeous, I think, and I think P will make a lovely bride in it! (Of course, I think she'd probably look great in just about anything she wore. She tends to be able to wear clothes instead of them wearing her. In other words, she almost always looks great!)


Here is the dress. Now, I realize the model looks like Carol Kane in Taxi, but look at the dress, not the model...

Obligatory notice of where the dress came from: And if you are looking for your dress and would like to see the entire collection, you can find this dress and many others at Casa Bridal.

Anyway, I love the dress. I can't wait to see it in person.

Speaking of dresses. Now, I do realize that all eyes are going to be on her. She'll be the one in the big white dress. But I still want to look good and I think my idea of good and her idea of what I'll look good in are a little different. So, I have made the decision to wear a short dress. Something in a tea-length persuasion, maybe. I don't think I can do knee length. I have pudgy knees. No, seriously, I have knee pudge on the inside of each knee! Even my thin sister has it, so it must be a genetic thing. Still, not attractive in knee length dresses. I wonder if there is an exercise you could do for that. Hmmm. I'll have to ask girl trainer.

Speaking of girl trainer, I met with her for the first time Tuesday. I'll reserve judgment for the time being. Maybe it just takes a bit for her to warm up to people. She actually asked me if I wanted to work out, though. Isnt' that the reason I'm there? I don't know. We worked on arms and shoulders and chest. As I was working my chest, all I kept thinking was when Ren (or was it Stimpy) from the old Ren & Stimpy cartoon would go on about having "huge pectoral muscles." She didn't seem the type to appreciate that kind of humor, so I kept it to myself. My arms and chest and shoulders were all shaky and sore, but by today, they are fine. I think that is a good thing.

There is so much more going on. I guess I should be better about writing this thing so that the posts aren't so long. I'll try. That is my March resolution -- to blog more often!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm telling you--just below the knee or at mid-knee is an attractive length on you. Hides the knee pudge but isn't frumpy.

Tea-length = frumpy, IMO.

Carrie said...

Oh, yeah--that's a lovely dress that P has selected.

Patti said...

Is it my imagination, or did this model come straight from the '80's?