Monday, February 27, 2006

For tomorrow we die - t...

As I've said before, I'm going to lose weight and look good for this wedding. I'm doing the Weight Watchers points counting thing and I'm losing a little weight doing that. Actually, I'd lose more if I followed it more closely on weekends, but life is hectic on weekends. So, for the time being, I'm losing about a pound a week on average. That isn't enough. Especially since for every 2 pounds I seem to lose, I gain one. I realize that the net is still negative, but I want the tummy GONE!

Last Friday I made an appointment with a trainer at my gym. I know there are probably lots of you out there have a membership like mine. Basically, I pay a monthly fee to say I belong to a gym but never use it. Hey, I have the cute little keychain thing and everything. Well, Friday I couldn't go becuase I left town to go see my neice and nephew and grandparents. Dodged that bullet and stepped in front of a firing squad, I'm afraid because hunky, young trainer, said that we could reschedule and that since I gave him 36 hour's notice of cancellation, he wouldn't go too hard on me. I'm afraid. Very afraid.


On a happier note, I got cute new shoes to go to the gym in and I'll get more workout gear as I actually start to work out. Hey, you never know. There might be someone at the gym that is cute and single and I want to look my best.

That leads me to my current epiphany. It is a long, long, very boring drive home to see the kids and grandparents with nothing to do but think because there is little on the radio and no cell service -- about 5 hours either direction. I have decided to not always be the bridesmaid. I want to actually get to be the bride. That involves a little effort on my part. I seriously doubt I'm going to meet Mr. Right at the portrait studio on the weekend, I work mainly alone during the week and the only guys at my school are gay or married. (No kidding...) This only leaves the gym and when I'm out grocery shopping or other stuff like that. Well, since the sum total amount of time I spend at those places is not much, I'm also a member of
eHarmony. I'm always hearing about folks who met there and so I'm giving it a serious try. I tried some of the other dating sites, but I didn't like them. Besides, it is where P & M met so maybe it'll work for me too!

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I have seriously entertained that same thought....the eHarmony one not the gym/trainer one. I would rather poke my eye with a spork than excercise.