Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I've really started this time...

I've actually started the weight loss thing this time. I'm using the Weight Watchers points system this time. Last time I lost weight I tried South Beach and I didn't really like it much because I always felt "deprived" of things. So, I've started. I will start the exercise part (the hard part for me to start) soon.

P and M are now thinking of a Friday evening wedding. I think that would be absolutely cool. Friday evening at the vineyard. A dessert reception with the centerpiece dessert being, of course, the wedding and groom's cake. (For those not familiar with the groom's cake. It is, I've discovered, a southern tradition of having a second cake, generally chocolate, at the reception.) M, the groom, had never heard of a groom's cake and said he'd never seen one at a wedding before. P told him that he'd get to see his first one at a wedding and that would be his own wedding. (Way to go P, set down the ground rules early.) :)

I have actually found a style of dress I like -- obviously I'm not buying it yet. P liked it too. We did the over the phone look what I found, go to this website, shopping and planning thing for a bit yesterday. She is a busy bride! I think companies should allow brides to be to have time off to plan the wedding. Make it something like the maternity/paternity leave thing. It seems only fair since they have so much to do and a limited amount of time to get things done! If there are any legislators reading this, keep that in mind in your next election year. I'm sure you would get the bridal block of votes!

1 comment:

sara said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!...Good luck with Weight Watchers. I did South Beach before my wedding & had a tough time with it, too. I lost weight, but it wasn't easy. I think Weight Watchers is a much more sensible & healthy plan, frankly.