Thursday, January 26, 2006

So much to do, so little time...

Okay. Maybe there isn't "so little time" but remember, we're planning this 1500 miles apart! I just found a website (see links) that lists all of the Maid of Honor (henceforth known as MoH) duties. Gosh, I'm going to be a busy gal! But, I already knew that. The hard part, I think, is going to be doing the things that "traditionally" the MoH does without stepping on any toes, i.e., Mom, Sis, other Bride's Maids.

Except for Mom, everyone else is out there with P. I can't say I'm not a little jealous about that. I want to be there for her the whole time. I want to get to go wedding dress shopping and help with ideas about flowers and everything... I miss P most of the time, but now more than ever. I wish I could meet M. I hope he realizes that he doesn't have any choice but to become my friend, too. I just want her wedding day to be perfect and I feel like I'm not going to get to be involved except in having the title. I guess that is important, because I've known her longer than any of the other BMs (with the obvious exception of Sis). It just doesn't seem fair that they are going to get to do the things I want to do and I should get to do!

::: everyone stop while the MoH has a small pity party for herself :::

Pity party over for now.

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I brought cheesecake.....maybe that will help. One slice or 2 sweetness?

Donna said...

Just one, please. I'm still trying to look good in that bride's maid dress!

Carrie said...

Eh--I wouldn't worry too much about doing all the books say re the traditional things the MOH *has* to do. Seriously, how much did you and A. do for my wedding? Not that it wouldn't have been fun to do more with you guys but it didn't work out that way. I understood and so will P. Just check with her to see what she is expecting from you before the wedding--she might not be thinking that you have to do any of the "traditional" things.

And in my experience, the important thing was really the actual day, to keep the stressed but happy bride from killing her well-intention but stress-inducing mother.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Actually, in the blog world, you do not gain weight so you can have all of the cheesecake if you want!

I always get hungry for wedding cake when I read your blog.

Donna said...

In that case, pass the fork!!!