Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Let the Weight Loss Begin...

Okay. Why is it that suddenly I feel the need to lose that extra weight I've been whining about losing for longer than I care to admit? I guess it is time to take the gym membership off of hold and actually USE it? Yuck. Well, since it is Wednesday, maybe I'll start on Monday. That's the new plan. I will start going to the gym on Monday.

P sent pictures of the ring and a photo of M and herself at the "exact spot" the engagement took place and it was taken just a few minutes after he asked. I have to say, the boy did good. The ring is very pretty as far as I can tell from a picture e-mailed to me. Three rows of pave (Pronounced: paw-vay) diamonds and a big, honkin' rock on top. He chose well.

P also sent pictures of wedding dresses she likes. From those I am guessing this is going to be a pretty formal affair. I thought she wanted simple and small. This is why there is the sudden need to lose weight. There isn't a style of bride's maid dress I can think of that looks really good on anyone over a size 8. I hope to be down to a size 10 or 12 by the time this wedding rolls around so that I at least look decent in a fancy schmancy gown.

Yikes. I just had a thought. What is stylish here in Texas may not be quite so hip and happenin' in Northern California. I'll have to ask her about that.

I also need to ask her exactly what she wants me to do. What are my 'official duties'? So many stresses being a bride's maid. At least I'm in a better state of mind than yesterday. I think a lot of the negativity yesterday was the fact that I was sick as a dog all weekend and still felt all yucky Sunday when we talked. Well, that's my story, anyway, and I'm going to stick to it!

So, my current plan of action:
1) lose weight

Okay. So it isn't much, but I've got to start somewhere. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.

No comments: