Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I like Mike!

This was written Monday and I've just been lax about getting it posted...

Well, lots and lots to tell.

My sister C came to town this weekend and we spent all day Friday shopping. We got cut outfits for a Kentucky Derby party we were going to on Saturday. I got my MOH dress. Well, I ordered it. It will be in in six weeks and then I’ll have to have it altered. I got my shoes. They are strappy silver heels with rhinestones on the straps. They are really cute.

Then Friday night, the most exciting thing happened. C and I met P and M down at the Stockyards in Ft. Worth. P wanted him to experience something “quintessentially Texan” and corny so where else would we go? Billy Bobs! It was fun – a little dead, but fun. I finally got to meet M in other words! I love him. No, seriously, I wanted to not like him for lots of selfish reasons, but I couldn’t. He is a great guy. Totally an engineer and reminds me of my man-child of a brother-in-law (C’s husband, P). But all-in-all a wonderful guy and I get it now. He won me over when the first thing he did was completely not act awkward and gave me a big hug when we met. There was no formal handshake and awkwardness, just a hug like he knows I’m important to P and therefore I’m important to him.

Saturday, we went to the Derby party at one of her friend’s house. It was great. We all sat around and ate and visited and wore our big hats and drank mint juleps. Then, we cheered our horses on for the entire two minutes of the race (2:01 to be exact) then ate and visited some more.

After the Derby party we went to P’s Granny & Papa’s house for dinner with the family. Totally informal type dinner in the backyard. We had fajitas and margaritas and wine and lots of great conversation. Again, can I just say that I really liked Mike. He is just a great guy. I know, I know. I’m gushing, but he was totally not what I expected and everything that I expected. P, in the past, has tended to date the looker guys. I’m not saying that M is ugly at all. He’s just not the typical guy that P meets and dates. I guess that is why this is the one she’s marrying!!

No comments: