Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Happy Summer Everyone!

Well, summer is officially here, I guess. I had the day off yesterday and worked my tail off doing laundry and planting flowers in the bed by the walk. It was a great day, overall.

Next weekend is the “official” engagement party and P’s bridal shower. The ladies throwing the shower graciously invited me to be a hostess. Basically, I’m a hostess in name only. Since I live five hours away, I don’t get to help with the preparations. Bummer. The lady I’ve spoken to on the phone said that I would get to take down everything that P gets at the shower. Well, since I’m the MOH, I’d have probably done that anyway! Oh well, I really do appreciate the fact that they are including me in the shower.

On to other life news... I got ANOTHER new trainer. Old guy trainer got a job offer in another state and he moved. I met with him exactly twice and he cancelled once. Oh well. New trainer is nice, but I’m not sure how I’m going to like him. It is hard to tell after one session, I guess. Then again, maybe the third time is the charm. I don’t have a clever nickname for him yet, either. That will have to come with time, I guess.

I am meeting a new Mr. Maybe guy from eHarmony tonight. I was just anxious before, but now I’m downright nervous. I missed his call last night. (No, it wasn’t the make him sweat and not answer the phone game, either. I was legitimately not available.) I called him back and he missed my call, so I e-mailed him this morning to confirm where we are meeting, etc. He responded to the e-mail almost immediately. I don’t quite know what to think about that. I am a girl after all and I can totally overthink this entire thing. For that matter, I probably will! I seem to easily forget, since it has been so long since I’ve dated, that men are generally simple creatures who tend to not put hidden meanings into everything like girls tend to do. At least, that is what someone who dates regularly told me. I will just have to go with that assumption/information for now since I have little personal knowledge.

No comments: