Monday, April 24, 2006

94 days to go...

My the things that are happening in Wedding World. Really, there isn’t much going on. Life has taken over for everyone involved, I’m afraid. There are e-mails flying about a bachelorette party, though. All of P’s girls (bridesmaids and friends) are brainstorming for the best way to celebrate the upcoming nuptials. Things as exotic as a weekend scavenger hunt in Vegas to a low-key slumber party have been suggested. Honestly, the Vegas trip, while it sounds fun, is SO not P. The slumber party or a spa night or something like that is totally P. I don’t think I’ll have to, but I will put my foot down against anything crass or tasteless. (There will be no penis cakes or pacifiers or glasses or condoms attached to a fake wedding veil at my best friend’s bachelorette party!) Things to make the bride giggle and blush, those are to be expected. Crass and tasteless is out! We’ll see how it goes. To be honest, I don’t think it will be a problem.

Alright bloggers, if anyone has any good ideas for a party for P, let me know. I want something memorable and tasteful and above all, fun!

Oh goodness! I just called an Alfred Angelo studio in the area and I am so glad I did. I was thinking about a six week lead-time on ordering my dress. Try TEN to TWELVE! In other words, I have got to get my ample booty down to the dress shop and get one ordered! Um, yikes! Do you think it is possible to drop 50 pounds in one week!? Actually, it is. Pick up a third grader and drop him! (Kidding, just kidding.) So, it looks as if I am going to order my dress on Friday, May 5! I have an appointment at 11:00 a.m. on the fifth and so I’ll order the dress then. Maybe tomorrow I’ll go get my shoes. I’m going with a strappy silver heel. Something cute and danceable.

My how time flies. It seems like only yesterday when P and I were on the phone planning what to do “if” M proposed….

No comments: